College Remedial or AP Support & Workshops
EDUCATING YOUNG MINDS' College Ready Program complements and supports the morning independent-study program, and the after-school tutorial program. It offers basic skills and standardized test preparatory classes. Students in need of remediation are enrolled in our basic skills classes in both English and mathematics. Students preparing for the ISEE and SSAT exams (required by many private and some public primary and secondary schools) will be enrolled in our ISEE and SSAT Test Preparation class. Students preparing for the SAT college admissions exam will be enrolled in our SAT classes.
- Progressive Math and English classes for underachievers and those in need of AP course support.
- Entrance exams are given to determine the level of student ability in Math and English, followed by periodic level tests to determine progress.
- FASFA workshops
- Parents and financial aid workshop
- Personal statement workshop
Saturday Test Preparation Program
- Standardized test preparation classes for the SAT, ACT, ISEE, SSAT, SAT 9, and others.
- Weekly practice tests/regular assignments
- Essay Writing / Direct instruction and specific tutorial assistance.
- Vocabulary building worksheets and reading comprehension
- Basic and advanced math review for the Exam
- All instruction performed using nationally recognized technologies.